Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Understanding Comics 5-9

These chapters really showed me a different perspective to comics. Like I stated before I've always enjoyed them, however I can't really say that I have ever viewed them as "art". The author did a terrific job of relaying all the different effects that have been tried throughout the history of comics. With these effects came an evolution of the "art". The simple addition of a line to show movement, smell, or even smoke really do make all the difference. Then he showed how just a simple background or lines can relay emotions to the reader. This was probably one of the more interesting aspects that were mentioned in my opinion. All in all this book turned out to interest me quite a bit, as well as teach me a tremendous deal about how words and pictures can be used to convey messages as well as show them.

No comments: