Monday, September 15, 2008

Orlean

For the first time since we've begun this class, I am officially bored with the reading. This piece was horrifically bland, but not in the sense of lacking detail. There are plenty of very descriptive phrases. It is bland because for the most part, it lacks the feeling that all the other essays we have read thus far have had so much of. Though, I am probably being a tad biased, since I was expecting a piece of writing that was more "in your face" for lack of better words. Decently written, however, I didn't appreciate it.

1 comment:

Lauren K. Hansen said...

I am so glad that you can separate the writing from your interest in the writing. I don't always like stuff I have to read for classes either, but the benefit comes from recognizing the good/bad/and the boring, and using that information to craft better writing ourselves.